Friday, August 01, 2008

This is Karma baybeee....

It's been a weird couple of days. A lot has happened. I think Karma has gone a full cycle with me. Yesterday AS and I were on our way to IKEA Richmond. We were sitting on the 109 tram and were almost at our destination. We had two Greek ladies sitting in front of us.

AS and I were both listening to our Ipods coz it's the only way we can sit on long tram rides without getting sick. I took my earphones out to tell him something when all of a sudden the tram lurched forward in an attempt to stop. I had to try really hard to stop from flying forward into the old ladies. AS tried to stop himself and me in the process by squishing me against the side of the tram interior.

We didnt know what all the commotion was about. When we looked out the left windows we saw that the tram stopped coz it got hit by a car that ran a light. A bit shook up but still alright we got out of the tram to wait for another one. The driver was alright but a bit traumatized by the incident as well. I know it's protocol but still the tram driver was nice enough to check up on all of us to see if we were ok.

We got on another tram coz it didnt seem that the accident affected us much. I was thinking this whole time "This is Karma". On the other tram, we were standing coz all the seats were taken and I got this phone call from a withheld number. I thought it was my dad but found out it wasnt when I answered the call.

"Hi, is this Stephanie ? I'm a Yarra tram inspector and I'm calling because ST didnt validate her ticket. She claims to be your housemate so I'm just calling to check if the address she provided is correct. Can you please tell me your house address?"

Haha. That was quite odd coz when he said Yarra tram inspector, I was thinking "how did he get my number ?" and "that was quick". I thought he was calling about the accident we just had. Haha..

It's funny how karma works. I figured, I've had so much shit luck lately, it's time for some good karma, no ?

No comments: